|Qualification for Participation
- ・To participate in the APBC, the player must be a national of the country or region of Host Organization or Participant Organizations. In addition, players must be under 24 years of age, (born on January 1, 1993 or after) or less than 3 years of professional career. Each team can add maximum 3 over-aged players.
- ・Total of 42 team members are allowed to be in the dugout during the game. 42 members include;1 team manager, 25 players, 6 coaches and team staff which consists of business managers, trainers, scorers, interpreters, PR manager and equipment manager
- ・In the APBC, the participating three teams shall play preliminary games using the round-robin method, and the first and second place team advance to play the championship game.
- ・The standings of the preliminary games shall be determined by the Host Headquarter as follows:
- (1) Team’s Quality Balance (TQB) for the two (2) preliminary games
TQB is the sum of all the runs scored divided by the number of innings played on offense, minus the sum of all the runs allowed divided by the number of innings played on defense.
- (2) Earned Runs Team’s Quality Balance(ER-TQB) for the two (2) preliminary games
ER-TQB is the sum of all the runs earned divided by the number of innings played on offense, minus the sum of all the runs given away divided by the number of innings played on defense.
- (3) Highest batting average in games for the two (2) preliminary games
- (4) A coin flip
Note 1: In calculation of TQB and ER-TQB, scored/allowed runs and earned/given away runs include those for extra innings on the tiebreak. The number of innings played on offense shall be considered to be equal to innings pitched by the opposing team, and the number of innings played on defense shall be considered to be equal to innings pitched by the team.
Note 2: Earned/given away scores are calculated in accordance with the rule of Host Organization.
- ・The balls to be used in the APBC shall be the WBSC Official Competition ball.
|Matters concerning the baseball rule
- ・If the game remains tied after the completion of nine innings, the following procedures will be implemented during extra innings:
Each team will begin the 10th inning and any subsequent necessary extra innings with runners on first and second, no outs. The batting order shall continue from the end of the 9th inning. For the preliminary games, if the game remains tied after the completion of 12th inning, the game shall be drawn. The championship game shall continue until either team wins.
- ・The designated hitter (DH) rule will be applied throughout the competition.
- ・No suspended game rule shall apply.
- ・Pitching count of a pitcher shall not be restricted.
- ・Based on the rule of Host Organization, video replay review will be only used for home runs calls, collisions at home plate and dangerous sliding into 2nd base.
*Replay review shall be conducted by umpires’ discretion.
- ・Comforming to Official Baseball Rules 2017.
- ・Doping Control shall be conducted.
- ・Officially sanctioned by WBSC.
- ・Starting pitchers announced on the day before the game.